working on local workstation but not on server...

Last post 06-09-2010, 1:37 AM by Kenneth. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-07-2010, 10:37 AM 61610

working on local workstation but not on server...

I've installed CuteEditor for .Net just recently on my local workstation and also my development server. It seems to be working fine on my workstation but whenever I upload to the server I get the error below.

Been banging my head against the wall trying to fix this--I must be missing something obvious.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CuteEditor' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="home.aspx.cs" Inherits="Maine_Innkeepers_Association.cms.pub.home"  %>
    Line 2:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="CE" Namespace="CuteEditor" Assembly="CuteEditor" %>
    Line 3:  
    Line 4:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Source File: /staging/cms/pub/home.aspx    Line: 2

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'CuteEditor' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3607; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082
  •  06-07-2010, 6:38 PM 61612 in reply to 61610

Re: working on local workstation but not on server...

Please check step 1:
    Copy the following files to your application bin folder.
    • CuteEditor.dll
    • CuteEditor.ImageEditor.dll
    • NetSpell.SpellChecker.dll
    • CuteEditor.lic
    Regards,
    Eric
  •  06-08-2010, 8:29 AM 61628 in reply to 61612

Yes, thanks, that's the first thing I checked. All those files are in the bin folder on the server. I reinstalled everything just to see if that helped, but no change.

Any other suggestions? The server seems to be saying that it can't find the file, right? Does it need to be properly referenced? I'm looking into that right now.

I just don't get why it would work locally but not on the server if the files are all identical.
  •  06-09-2010, 1:37 AM 61634 in reply to 61628

Hi edgeis,

Try add reference to file "CuteEditor.dll".

Regards,

ken
View as RSS news feed in XML